In India, at present two applications give you the option to buy and sell bitcoins, and also provide you a safe and secure Bitcoin wallet. These are:
Soon after gaining interest in Bitcoin, people start looking for how to invest in Bitcoin. If you’re looking up for how to buy and sell Bitcoins in India, here’s the answer.
You can look for various digital currency exchanges to buy Bitcoin. In India, at present two applications give you the option to buy and sell bitcoins, and also provide you a safe and secure Bitcoin wallet. These are:
Unocoin is an India-based exchange which enables you to trade Bitcoins. It helps you to buy, sell, store, use and accept bitcoin. It makes easy to buy or sell Bitcoin online, and also functions as a wallet so that you can use Bitcoin at other places via the site. Also, Unocoin has apps available for iOS and Android.
- You can use it from any desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile phone by simply logging in through any browser.
- “Easily buy bitcoin with INR from any online banking or through NEFT/RTGS. Selling bitcoin is just as easy, you will receive INR directly into your bank account. All banks that have IFSC are currently supported”, reads the company website.
- You have to register on Unocoin and verify your email id. To complete the verification process, you have to provide a pan card along with an address proof, and a phone number. Once verification is complete, you will be able to buy/sell bitcoin through your Unocoin account.
- Unocoin account also comes with an online bitcoin wallet.
You can buy Bitcoins by making a payment to Zebpay’s bank account.There is a KYC requirement and you need to verify your ID by simply clicking a photo of your PAN card. Zebpay has Android and iPhone apps and lets you link your bank account for fast transfers. You need to follow some simple steps:
- Download the Zebpay app.
- Verify Your ID.
- In order to buy bitcoins, make payment to their bank account. This will add the amount to your Zebpay Rs account in-app.
- Now go to buy/sell bitcoins option, enter the amount and start using.
However, in both the options, there is a downside. The commission they charge is slightly higher and so are their prices. You may find the price difference from the market price. Alternatively, you may use Bitcoin exchanges such as Changelly, Remitano, and Coinbase. You can mention your bitcoin wallet address which will be mentioned in your Unocoin or Zebpay app, and bitcoins will get transferred there. This is the easier way.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice. It is of paramount importance that everyone should do his or her own due diligence before investing in any product, platform, tokens etc. Cryptocentral.io does not endorse any content or product published on this page. Our aim is to simply provide all the readers with the latest information in the field of cryptocurrency / blockchain industry that might be of interest to our readers.